Everyones regimen should be unique. Do what is best for your hair, personality, lifestyle,etc. I am not recommending anyone to follow my regimen. I am just sharing with my fellow curly hair divas what works best for me :)
- I co-wash(conditioner wash) my hair as needed. Whether that be within a 4 day period or every two days. I really can't go longer than a week without co-washing. I am currently using Herbal Essence Totally Twisted for my co-wash.
- I shampoo anywhere within a month or two weeks. I'm not really on a strict time with this because I usually just know when my scalp needs a good cleansing. I get product build-up because my hair strands are fine. I am currently using Shea Moisture Brilliant Curls Shampoo(sulfate free).
- No brush. I use my hands to tame my edges. I recently stopped using a comb which was only for detangling my hair after co-washing. Finger detangling is everything.
- I deep condition every week! I do not play with this step in my regimen. I always find time for my dc, I like to think of it as getting my nails done. I feel like I am pampering my hair every time I deep condition. I am currently using Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque.
- Leave-in conditioners are lifesavers! I use this whenever I wet my hair. If not my hair will be one big knot lol. I remember before I knew about leave-in conditioners I used to think to myself "What if my hair could always feel the way it does when I put conditioner in it." Guys I was like 13 thinking this don't judge me. I had no idea leave-in conditioners existed. I am currently using Nexxus Headtress and/or Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.
- I use Raw Shea Butter to lock in moisture. Like most people I used to blame my hair for bad hair days. Little did I know I was the one to blame. Then I came to my senses and realized that in order for my hair to look it's best I must seal the style. It makes all the difference and now I rarely get bad hair days.
- I sleep with a silk bonnet. I just started doing this as you guys may already know.
- Trimming is now only on a 6-8 months basis. (My inner scissor happy being is dying slowly but surely.)
- Rule Number 8 should of been number one to me I DO NOT USE HEAT! I probably will when I graduate as a length check but that isn't until 2014.
- I only like buns for protective styling just my preference. I do not like twist outs and braid outs because it just does not look right on my hair. No shade to the beautiful women who swear by these styles. Now bantu knots and finger coils I love!
- I always do my hair in sections. It just makes life so much easier.
I believe that's everything I will keep you beauties updated if anything changes.
Love Your Curls!